Today, wage peace one cookie at a time...
Day 13: Cookies!
Today, bake cookies for a friend or neighbor as a gesture of peace. We’ll provide the recipe!
It takes forethought and deliberate action to treat those around us with love and respect. Sometimes even the simplest gifts can leave a lasting impression. Today, choose one neighbor and bake (or buy) them cookies, along with a simple note explaining that you’re doing this as part of 25 Days of Peace. You can even use this recipe for Iraqi Cardamom Cookies:
Iraqi Cardamom Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder ⅔ cups sugar 2 eggs 1 cup ground blanched almonds 35-40 whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, cardamom, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and creamy. Combine with the flour mixture, then add the ground almonds. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Form the dough into 1-inch balls. (You may want to dip your hands in water first.)
- Place on the sheet, flattening slightly. Press a whole almond into the center of each cookie. There should be enough dough for 35-40 cookies. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
(Recipe via food.com.)
Come back tomorrow for day 14! You can also view the full 25 Days of Peace activity guide here.
Wage Peace in Iraq as You Wage Peace at Home...
Order by December 15 to receive your order by Christmas!